i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PLEASE wear your seat belts..

Today I had the unfortunate experience to witness a horrible car accident with a fatality. It was the most traumatic thing I've ever watched take place. I was driving to University Mall to pick up a few things for my Early Childhood Education class presentation and I was almost to the 4-way stop by Jared's when it happened. It was our lanes turn to drive, so a boy my age, in a little car drove out into the intersection as a large van came cruising out of a parking lot, completely smooshing the little car and throwing the driver out onto the road. Another SUV was hit, and spun, luckily both the passengers {a mother and little baby} were buckled in and no harm came upon them. The rest all happened in slow motion, I think.

The man who drove the van jumped out, holding his arm and ran to the boy on the road's side. Now, this poor boy on the road was clearly not doing well. At all. He was incredibly bloody and looked pretty lifeless. A few people in the cars around me jumped out and ran to help. I think one man was a doctor or something, because he took charge pretty quickly until the paramedics got there. I think I saw him check for breathing and shook his head.. I can't remember, its sort of a blur.

Next thing I know there were 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances and several police cars. Obviously, they went straight to the boys aid. From what I could see of his poor, injured face, he looked as if he was my age or a little older. They did CPR for a while.. Next thing I know, they covered him in a sheet and loaded him into the ambulance. Then we were told to go about our days.. Kind of hard to have a normal day after witnessing that.

It was such a surreal moment. One I hope I never have to see, again. My heart goes out to that poor boy's family and friends. It is such a sad thing when things such as this happen.

It made me even more thankful for the Plan of Salvation, though. I didn't even know the victim, but I was emotional about it, but there was a comfort, there, too. Knowing families can be together forever is such a peaceful thing to be reminded of.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hun. So orry you had to witness that. Those images stay with you forever. But what a way to look at things in a different persepctive. Hope you had a little bit of a better day! Glad that you were okay!:)

    ReplyDelete