i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Friday, April 10, 2009

My ER Adventure!


WELL! Do I have a story for you or what? Yes I do. Here is how it starts.. So on wednesday morning I got this intense, stabbing, sharp pain in the right side of my abdomen. It got to the point where I really couldn't stand up straight, I still can't, I couldn't take deep breaths, also still can't do that, I couldn't move fast at all, still can't do that, and many other technical difficulties. It is zero fun. It hurts more than any other pain I have felt. So my parents got all worried because it was on my right side in the lower area so they were worried that it was my appendix so next thing I know I am in the car with the mommy who is driving me to Mountain View Hospital in Payson. We went to the ER. After talking with a lady who I told what was going on, next thing I know I am whisked away into a room, changed into a gown, laying under a "warm blanket," laying on a hospital bed, waiting.. I wasn't happy about being there ps. 
A nurse and doctor came in and decided that I would need to do some blood and urine tests. Lucky me, you are jealous I know. They took my blood first. Here is the thing. I have never given blood before so this was my FIRST time! I was scared! It hurt, ouch. You can see the little needle thingy in my arm in a few of these pictures. :( Sad day for Che. Oh and heres some of the best news.. The room I was put in was labeled as the Gynecology room. So that was really cool and didn't make me feel stupid-er at all as people walked by my room. Oh gee.. I wonder what they were thinking was up with me! 
While I had the needle in my arm and was waiting to be able to pee.. (I went to the bathroom right before we left to the ER so there was NO way that I could pee..so we had to wait a while for that..after much mental persuasion and a giant cup of water I was able to, but it did take some time) Anyway..While I was waiting to do that.. The doctor came in and started feeling around my belly, asking if certain places hurt..You know the deal. Basically they didn't know what was wrong and kept saying hopefully the blood and urine tests will let us know. Well guess what? They sent them in, I stayed in that room, the tests came back and they let me know the tests didn't show anything. I am a medical mystery. Finally after hours later they let me go. But I was told to come back the next day for an ultrasound. 
The next day I went back to the hospital with the mommy and got my ultrasound. ps.. the guy who gave me my ultrasound was probably THE most attractive man I have ever seen in my life. WOW! I stared at him the whole ultrasound I'm pretty sure. Ahhhhh (that was an in-love sounding sigh.) Nice way to meet a hot guy, right? With my shirt up and him rubbing this thing around with all this goop sliding around my belly. Very romantic. Anyway.. The ultrasound was for looking at my kidneys and gallbladder and big shock, they found nothing. After going back to the ER one more time the only conclusion they can come up with is that I tore my oblique muscle from my ribs which is said to be pretty painful and if that is indeed what I did, YES, it is very painful. Wow. So they let me go, still with that same constant pain that just doesn't leave.. They said it will get worse in the next few days but after that it should go away.. If not, I guess the mommy and I will be making another visit to the ER. I'll keep you posted. Anyway.. Just thought I'd fill you in on my little ER adventure!

3 comments:

  1. My poor little Chelsea Kate!!!! That does not sound like an ideal way to spend a day or two. I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hoping this story was going to end with you getting your gall bladder taken out and then we could be No Gall Bladder twinnerzz!! I had those same weird pains, couldn't stand up straight, etc come and go while preggers with TBone (chalked it all up to preggersness) but then it came back when he was 5 weeks old. Turns out it only hurt when there was an actual gall stone stuck in the duct thingy. Once the stone came out the pain would go away. Then another one would get stuck and major pain...

    ^^Long, lame story. Don't read if you are pressed for time or bored easily. :)


    Hope you are feeling better soon and it is actually that muscle thing. Gall bladder removal isn't exactly fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures you look so happy. You are supposed to look miserable. You are so funny. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete