i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

My New Work Out..

This is the bike that has made several long hours of my summer H E double hockey sticks. 
A weekish ago my mom bought Savannah and Adi new bikes. Savannah luckily already knows how to ride one but Adi doesn't and somehow I'm the one that got put in charge of taking her out teaching her. I didn't think it would be a big deal but OH MY HECK its crap. I get abused the whole dang time! 
The first day I took her out she was pretty freaked out but slowly got a little more confident so we decided to ride around our block. I ran next to Adi, occasionally holding her bike (but she did most of it on her own but don't tell her that or she'd kill me!) and giving her a pep talk the whole time telling her how great she is doing, etc. We were almost half way around our block when some neighbors were out in their driveway and said hello to us. Well for whatever reason this freaked Adi out so in typical Adi fashion (and typical Chelsea fashion, too, I guess. My mom says she rides bikes just like I used to.. She likes to say Adi went to the "Chelsea Walker school of bike riding. Apparently I liked to dive off my bike if I got scared too, only then I'd proceed to get back up, kick my bike and yell at it! heehee), she bails, letting go of her handle bars and taking her feet off the pedals and grabbing on to me. I wasn't ready for this so in result, Adi and I put on a little show for our neighbors.. We both tumbled to the ground scrapping up both of our knees and elbows. 
So that was cool.. Then the other day we were out practicing again and I was holding the back of her seat but then she went down a dip in the sidewalk so her bike shot out of my hand and she starts to freak out..So I run as fast as I can to try to catch her except then she puts her breaks on so I am coming full speed at her stopped bike! I attempt to jump over her tire but end up knocking her and her bike over onto the cement while I tumble into a neighbors garden..
Plus there are just the scratches I'm getting from her pedals hitting my legs but those don't seem very bad compared to the multiple road burns I have covering my body.. And those are only SOME of our crash stories.. We have multiples. All I can say is Adi better learn how to ride that dang bike or else she is gonna have to find a new teacher! I can only take so much abuse..

one of MANY times saving Miss Adi
my new full body workout routine
Adi pouting
"I just hate riding my bike, Chels! Can we please be done?!"
I found myself on the bike on many occasions 





5 comments:

  1. This is so funny. HAHA! Come and have Coop teach her. Between him, Will and Sam they taught Jack in an afternoon. So cute to watch as well. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look just like your mom in that picture of you on the bike!

    I remember when you were learning to ride your bike and I recall that you spent more time riding on the grass then the sidewalk...

    Good luck! Adi will catch on eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can do it!!

    (i'm just so glad i'm not having to run alongside!!) (its because i'm in such good shape!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send her over to Debbie's School For Bike Riders and Stick Shift Car Drivers. I have taught many to do both. #1 Tip: GO TO AN EMPTY PARKING LOT!!!
    Thanks for teaching primary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of when I was trying to teach Nick and Hailey...I ran along beside and behind those darn bikes for HOURS. Brian then took them over to the church parking lot for an hour and brought them back riding like pros...what a show off he is! :)

    ReplyDelete