i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

my sincere apologies, aunt Julie.

Dear Auntie Julie,

Yesterday I went to the zoo with my mommy, sisters, Mere, Bea and Sam. It was lovely, mostly.

This is my kind of zoo animal.
This, too.
NOT this, though. That sneaky FREAKY iguana snuck out of his little enclosure somehow and decided to walk around the reptile house and make me almost pee my pants. I hate that stupid reptile.

As we went about the zoo, especially when we saw that beast, or when we saw bugs, snakes, bats, and any other creepy-crawly, I couldn't help but think of you, my cute aunt.
Remember when I used to chase you around our house with little fake bugs? How rude of me. Thats aunt torture! I am vowing to you I will never do that again.
I find that as I'm growing older, I am also growing to be more like you. All those reptile, bug, small rodent stuff...it gives me the heebie-jeebies. Even days after I see these little nasties, I can still feel them crawling over my body. I see rubber bands on the floor and jump and yelp cause I'm sure its a bug. Oh...Adi and Savannah now chase me around the house with fake bugs and reptile things.

Sometimes I contemplate crying.

I'm sorry I did that. Its terrifying.

Love, your now sympathetic niece,
ChelseaKate


p.s. what is your least favorite bug? mine? moths.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the little girl who used to chase me around and back me into a corner with a fake spider is now EXACTLY LIKE ME...I think that's called karma or something!! :) I can totally relate to your squimishness at the zoo...ask your mom about the time we were looking at all the dead spiders that they pin to the boards there and I stepped on a pony tail holder but thought for sure it was a giant spider that had come back to life and escaped. I think I actually spilled my drink on your mom during all the screaming that ensued...lol!!!!!! I'm sorry you're right there with me now and I totally accept your apology!!! :) My least favorite has got to be a big hairy spider...gives me the creepies just thinking about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more comment...they really had a CAT as a zoo animal??? What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so Mr. Lizard didnt escape. Most of the time he is in the trees. I have never seen him down on the fence thing. Yuck. I always see him in the trees or up in the high ropes. Sorry, So not a cute thing.

    ReplyDelete