i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Adventures of Answering and Asking

So! A few days ago a sweet friend of mine named Dave asked me to the upcoming Sweethearts dance at my school. He is a very nice boy. He asked me in a very sweet way, too. He doorbell ditched me and I answered the door to find a bunch of roses, a small mirror and a little note laying on my porch. The note said "Now that you've seen a dozen of the most beautiful things, will you go to Sweethearts with me? -Dave" K here is what is so cute to me. I looked at the roses and there were eleven..Then there was the mirror, so me looking in it made twelve! Awww!! It was kinda ironic though, the day he chose to ask me was the day I looked my worst! I was still sick and had done absolutely nothing with myself that day, so what I saw in the mirror wasn't necessarily as beautiful as it could have been-but its the thought that counts! So yeah, that was just cute! Then I had to think of a way to answer him! I'm not the most creative thing in the world so I usually just ask or answer boys in ways that other boys have asked or answered me.. My mom and I decided it would be fun to wrap up his car with aluminum foil and have a small poster that would say "I don't want to FOIL your plan.. My answer is YES!" I was asked in a super similar way to Prom last year except it wasn't my car that was all wrapped up in the aluminum foil, it was my room. Seriously EVERY single last thing in it! So cute! :) So anyway we procrastinated forever but tonight my mom and I finally did it! For the last few days we've been driving by Dave's house but we've found out he parks in his garage so we could never do it! Sometimes we'd see his car at school but we were worried other kids would tear it up and whatnot. Tonight we were driving around and passed Dave's friend Drew's house. (Drew is in my ward.) Anyway, Dave's car was there! So the mommy hurried and called Drew's mommy and told her to keep those boys inside while we aluminum foiled his car! Well Drew's mom told us that Drew, Dave and a few other friends were at Sonic and would be back in 20-25 minutes.. So now we had a time limit. Eeek! The mommy and I spent about 25 minutes wrapping up his car as quick as we could, cutting our poor little hands and fearing every single car that passed, thinking maybe it was theirs! However the mission was successful and they never even saw us! And we finished just in time because just seconds after we were done and left, Drew's mommy told us they had just pulled in. Go us!! Woo!
Okay now being at Drew's house reminded me of this story.. Once upon a time, for Morp my bestie Sarah decided to ask Drew. So we threw together a simple little way to ask him and drove over to his house to doorbell ditch him. Sounds simple, right? WRONG! It was terrifying. I'll tell you why.
When we had pulled up to Drew's house, we decided to park in his neighbors driveway so he wouldn't see her car too easily. So we run the stuff up to his porch and display it all cute then ring the doorbell and run our little booties off and hid in between a giant snow bank (her car was on the other side of this snow bank-this is vital to the story) and their durango. So we're squatting there behind the car and we hear them answer the door and we hear Drew's little brother answer the door and yell, "DOORBELL DITCHERS! LETS GET EM!" Then Sarah and I looked at each other going oh crap! what are we gonna do? Next thing you know his little brother and little sister are coming at us with snowballs! Hucking them at us and yelling at us! We had to make a quick getaway. So guess what we did? We ran through the giant snowbank! Brrr! This dang pile of snow came to a little above my belly button, so we're talking LOTS of snow! And to make it better, I was wearing a dang skirt! We were probably thinking to ourselves as we ran through all this snow that there is no way these little kids would follow us though, but oh no, they did! Still throwing snowballs and scaring us to death. Sarah and I were screaming our little brains out. Finally we made it to her car and these kids chased us clear to the doors! We got in as fast as we could! There was lots of freaking out in the car at this moment. Then pretty much we pulled out as fast as we could and screamed all the way home. The end. :) 

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute! It makes me smile. I love you blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, last night was a bit traumatic.. In the rain, hucking tin foil over his car, worrying about every passing car, knowing we had less than 20 minutes..
    We were inspired to stop when we did, even though there was a bit more car to do..
    We DID manage a couple pictures.. You need to post them!!
    It was SO much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete