i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"I'm Gonna Bite Your Butt!!"

Once upon a time on sunday night Savannah and Adi were supposed to be in bed. Those silly little girls kept coming downstairs telling us random stories or saying their ever famous line "I need to get a drink." Anyway..I was kind of sick of them coming down so I decided to chase Savannah up the stairs. As I was chasing her I yelled, "I'm gonna bite your butt!" Then my mom decided to chase me and yell "I'm gonna bite your butt" at me! Ok so you need to know I HATE when people follow me up the stairs at my house cause it always seems like they pinch me or bite me or something similar to that and it ends up scaring the crap out of me. I very much dislike that. So my mom yells that and I immediately spin around and sit down as hard and as fast as I can on the stairs. While doing this I smacked my elbow into the wall or stair and also hit my back pretty hard on the stairs. Owie. :( Anyway..It hurt my elbow pretty bad but throughout the rest of the day it just kept hurting worse and started to kind of swell a wee bit and it was just very ouchie. That night I couldn't sleep. There was no comfy position. Then yesterday I went to school and pretty much my elbow still was super hurty. So I told my mom to call and get me a doctors appointment cause it just hurt that bad. So she texts me during school and tells me I have a doctors appointment at 4:10. So then after school came and we were headed to the doctors. Oh here's a cool side note.. Apparently I still go to my pediatrician . Yeah I felt pretty cool waiting in the waiting room decorated with a giant play house, and kiddish paintings on the wall. And to make it better there was this little girl who insisted on playing with me while waiting. Her name was Lexi and she was four "and next I'll be five!" Finally I go into see my doctor who totally talks to you  like you're five years old (but thats ok-I love him. He's rad.) and he looked at my elbow and he told me how it looked pretty swollen and after seeing my small range of movement he guessed it was a break so he sent me to get an x-ray of it. Then we go to the radiology lab where I get my x-ray (the x-ray people said it looked like a break, too) Then I was asked to sit in their waiting room for ten minutes while they looked at the results, then they'd tell my doctor, then he'd call me in the waiting room and tell me what was up with my elbow. After a while of waiting he called me and delivered the news that I had fractured my elbow. hahaha.. So now I'm wearing a brace and sling and in some pain. My elbow has a constant ouchie heartbeat and its just grand. 
So there is a moral to this story.. Don't chase your kids up stairs yelling that you are going to bite them because it could end in fractured bones and nobody likes that! At least its kind of a cool story! Almost as cool as when I separated my shoulder by barely being bumped and running into a wall. I am learning I'm a fragile person. 
Anyway that is my story..Hope you enjoyed! :)

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that your shoulder separation happened while attending a funeral.. I think it gives you more "fragile" credibility..

    ::march in place for 1 minute.. keep your knees up!::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so after both of those, you really sound like my child. those are both freak accidents and they only happen at my house. So come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just asked you on facebook how you did this and now I know...OUCH!!! You are definately your fathers daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete