i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

a few of the many reasons why I love my Kindergarten friends

Kids are my favorite. EVER. Ever, really. They're adorable, especially my darling Kindergarten class. Holy moly we're talking major cute factor with these little friends of mine. Ah. Love them. 
Today in class we were making our bodies because that is the unit we are on at the moment. Fun fun. Well, this unit has brought about a whole lotta laughs for me. So I have a few funny little stories for you, maybe they aren't so cute when I tell them, they could very easily be one of those things where you had to be there to get the full cuteness affect, but I am going to tell you anyway. :) Why? Because I love my afternoon friends. 
The other day I was put in charge of showing the basic body parts to the kids while they were sitting on the rug. I had a poster of a cartoon person in some exercise  looking clothes and I'd point to the head, they'd tell me it was the head, point to their foot, they tell you its the persons foot, etc. (They're very smart) The body parts I was in charge of showing were head, arms, hands, chest, stomach, legs and feet. But most of the kids in my class let me know I was forgetting one very important body part. The bum. Then I got a lecture about how your bum is very important because without it you couldn't sit or "get rid of waste" as one friend put it. It was quite funny. I never really pointed out the bum though, they obviously already knew so much about it, I didn't feel like I needed to show them the location of it. 
Another cute little thing happened in class today. We were cutting out these bodies that we were gluing to a skeleton we had made last week, well the body we were cutting out was a body of a generic person, it could be a boy or girl, but in all honesty, it sure looked like a girl to me & the rest of the class, too. The body could have been either or, but the hair is what made it look girlie. It was short, wavy/curly looking hair. So my friends are sitting, cutting out their body and started talking about if there person was a boy or a girl. Eventually everyone started saying how the body was a girl because of the hair. Well there is a sweetheart little boy in my class, Tony, who happens to have slightly longer hair that is curly/wavy, he is a BOY. Boy. The discussion lasted a long time and it was eventually decided this body was a girl. Then all the sudden, precious little Tony who is super shy looked down at his body he was cutting out and said, "Wait!! This one has my hair!" Eventually people started checking Tony out to see that he did have very similar hair to their "girl." However they stuck to their gut feelings, claiming it really was a girl. Then Tony, "But I am a boy and this is my hair!" You could tell he was really confused and sad. It was kind of heart breaking to see his little face trying to figure this whole thing out. Finally I couldn't take it so I informed the class it was a boy if you were a boy, and a girl if you were a girl. Then cute Cooper, another darling boy in my class, agreed with me, "Yeah guys cause mine is a boy with hair like Tony's!" Then it was decided, it was a boy for the boys and a girl for the girls and we were all happy and Tony no longer felt sad. It was just really cute, it seemed like once Cooper and I announced that the body could be either one, everyone settled down and let it be. Coop and I must just be an amazing team. 

4 comments:

  1. I so love kindergarten stories..

    always so cute!!

    like, when they sing that song at kindergarten graduation.. "everything i need to know I learned in kindergarten"..

    makes me cry, actually..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, you really do learn everything you need to know in Kindergarten. :) Everything else is good too, but the essentials are in Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. We love you! Thanks for letting us know what Coop is up too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute I love your kindergarten stories! I love all your cute pictures on the side... You are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete