i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

my serenity

I enjoy exercise. 

But if there are two forms of exercise I truly, truly love, they are running and yoga

You know those people who say that exercise makes them feel happy? I am one of those people. 

Running has been a hobby of mine for quite a few years, now. I admit, in the past, running and I have had a bit of a love-hate relationship. You know, sometimes running is exhausting and hurts and makes me feel old (and i'm only 20). Sometimes it is too cold and running in that weather hurts my ears. Sometimes its really hot outside and the heat seems to drain every ounce of energy out of my body. I have a bad hip and sometimes running really bugs it. BUT despite all that, the feeling after you've finished a good, long run is fabulous. I crave that feeling almost daily. The very best is when you're actually running and you feel so good. Endorphins are yummy.
Running is such therapy for me. Especially when life is throwing me a lot of lemons, I find that running puts my head back on straight and helps me see and think clearer. Running is a blessing.

My newest exercise addiction is YOGA! Holy guacamole, I am madly, head-over-heels, crazy in-love with blessed, beautiful yoga. I will even go as far to say that I love yoga more than running. I. Love. Yoga. I've been doing yoga for several months now, but already I'm feeling/seeing benefits from my practices. I like to be open minded about different, foreign forms of exercise but yoga was always one I was a little iffy about. I had the stereotypical mind and thought yoga was a bunch of sitting like Yoda and humming with my hands in a funny position on my knees. I was sure that yoga wasn't at all a work out. Then I tried yoga and learned BOY was I wrong. Yes, yoga is hard. It puts you into positions you swear you could never get into, but with practice, honor and a good attitude, you'll get that position sooner than you'd ever imagine! (something i've learned from experience). Yoga is most definitely a workout! Not only a physical work out but also a mental and spiritual workout. There is something about beautiful yoga that works your whole entire body and soul in a magnificent way and after your practice, you feel like a million bucks that is forming into a beautiful, toned, sane individual. Why wouldn't you want that?
Yoga, too, calms me down and settles my heart. The yoga class I take is late at night and is in the dark with the heat on full blast. It doesn't sound fun, I know, but it is, don't worry. My instructor, Jen, is the most beautiful, uplifting person, I'm sure she is half the reason I adore yoga so much. I'm thankful for the outlook on yoga that she has given me. Yoga is a blessing.

Now that Spring/Summer is finally here/on its way, this means hiking season is coming and I also love hiking! I'm anxious to begin cycling as another form of exercise, too, and see how I like that. Then, of course, there is also the gym...I'm still learning to love "lifting," but this exercise, like the rest of them, leaves me feeling good, refreshed and accomplished. Exercise is a blessing.

I'm so excited to one day be a person who can help other people appreciate exercise and find the good in it rather than the bad. I'm anxious to help people be open-minded about being in shape and being physically active. I believe that exercise really is a blessing and a gift that I hope everyone, one day, can appreciate and take part in! 

2 comments:

  1. oooh chelsea kate, you inspire me. where do you take yoga? i want to play:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweaty chix. best thing EVER! come with me sometime!! and lets play :)

    ReplyDelete