i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

nothing-ness


In the stage of life I'm currently in, I would NOT consider myself a very busy person.
No like really, I am free as a bird. Very, very free.
My days typically consist of sleeping in, watching tv, going on rides, exercising, eating, napping, playing with my lovely friends, playing with my dandy family, hangin' on the computer, getting mindlessly lost in Tetris on my phone, etc.
I know, I know, I'm such a productive person. (blah)
Don't worry, this life style is driving me madly crazy, I'm going to begin becoming productive and an active member of society, once again, shortly.

However, in these countless hours of nothing-ness, I've had some of the best moments. Especially with my fabulous sister, Miss Adi.

Adi: She loves to dance, move, wiggle, talk, sing, jump, run, skip, do hand-stands, and well...do ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that is active.

When Adi and I are left alone together, I've found that we always end up dressed up in silly outfits in an empty room with the iPod blasting a good song either crazy-dancing OR she is choreographing a dance for the two of us. {savannah is involved in this sometimes, it just depends on her mood} Its amazing. I'm burning calories, having a grand time with one of my bestest friends and I'm actually doing something other than sitting and starting at a wall, which is what I feel like my life consists of, lately. (blah)

BUT

When I sit back and think about it (because i have lots of time to think about it) I've come to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this nothing-ness I'm involved in.

The most valuable lesson I've learned is this: NOTHING-NESS=EVERYTHING.

You're right, that sounds stupid. But in my head it sounds real moving. 

It is beautiful. I'm learning things and I'm being given the opportunity to really bond with the people around me...you know, when I'm with people and not technology... I've also been able to get to know myself better, as cheesy as that sounds, because I've had so much time to myself. Time to think, time to cry, time to laugh, time to find out what I really like, etc. I've been able to play with my sisters and get to be even closer with them, if that is at all possible. I have been able to see so much more of my gorgeous friends, who for a while I very rarely saw, I've been able to have some major laugh-attacks with my mom and talk with my cute daddy, even more. 

Last night Adi and I were down in the basement dancing to a loud, repetitive techno song when a life-lesson struck me right then and there. Its good to do "nothing," sometimes. Not all the time. But sometimes. (Believe me, I've learned some deep things whilst being so lazy and sluggish.) 

Mom, don't fret, I'm not saying I'm going to stay lazy. 

As I've said, I'm about to become active again. I'm going to go job-hunting, I'll stress myself out with school next semester and I'll be out in public more. Its going to be good, guys. I'll have purpose, again!! Whoohoo! :) 

For now, however, I'm going to embrace this nothing-ness time and I'm going to like it. After all, who knows when I'll really be this free again! 

Adi? Thanks, babe. Thanks for helping me realize this phase of life I'm going through isn't so completely dreary and useless. Love you, Lu.


adi & i lost in that magical "nothing-ness"

{told you my room was messy...}

4 comments:

  1. You guys are the cutest! I wish I was there to fill some of this "nothing-ness" time with you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were, too! You should come play! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chelsea. I clicked onto your blog from your mom's, I hope you don't mind. I just had to tell you that your mention of laugh attacks with your mom happily reminded me of the laugh attacks I've had with her. Never have my cheeks and stomach hurt so much from laughing as when I was with her. You're so lucky! (but you know that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chelsea....just checking in to say that I love this post. I am hoping you remember this when you are the busy mother of small kids. Knowing how important it is to just hang out, play, get down on the floor and spend an afternoon with your baby is key. It is just as important as the laundry, grocery shopping, and lesson you'll need to plan for church the next Sunday.

    Some people forget that, but I'm thinking you won't. You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete