i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The good ol' 'Ville

I teach primary. Sunbeams, to be exact. I have six of the cutest three-year olds on the planet in my class. I'm a lucky teacher.

Today in Singing Time, our cute chorister came up with this cute idea where she'd pull a child's name from a pot and then, the cute little kiddie got to come up and choose a heart that they'd open. Inside would be words like, "all the girls," "everyone who owns a dog," "everyone wearing brown shoes," etc. Then, the kids who fell under the specific category would sing the song we were working on.

It was cute and the kids loved it. Win.

One of the categories inside one of the hearts was, "everyone who lives in Springville."

Of course, most kids in Jr. Primary know that we all  live in Springville. My sweet Sunbeams don't quite know that though. Upon hearing, "everyone who lives in Springville," all of my cute kids jumped out of their seats, practically shaking and exclaiming incredibly happily, "I LIVE IN SPRINGVILLE!" grabbing our legs with their eyes wide and filled with joy.

Who knew living in Springville was such a big, important deal. Us Springville-ians are some fortunate individuals, I suppose!

K, dang, this story doesn't sound nearly as cute typed out here, so maybe you had to be there to witness just how adorable it was. Just believe me, though, if you were there, you, like the rest of the adults in the room, would have cracked up.

Its the cutest thing to see their innocence and excitement over the small and simple things. I have the best calling ever.

1 comment:

  1. in second place {to being there in person} is to SEE you tell the story! so sweet!! sunbeams=the best!!

    ReplyDelete