i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Be Thou an Example of the Believers.."

I had the coolest experience happen to me today. 

I get my e-mail on my phone and usually when it comes through and I hear its specific little 'ding' I ignore it until a later time. Today was no exception, but when I did look at it, I found an e-mail from an address I wasn't familiar with. Normally, I'd immediately delete them but from my phone, I could see a small part of the e-mail that struck my interest...so, I decided to open this mysterious e-mail and boy am I glad that I did.

It was an e-mail from a girl from Pennsylvania who has been reading my blog for some time, now...actually, here's a better idea...I'm going to go ahead and copy and paste this e-mail to the blog so you can read it! {she gave me permission, so its okay!}

Dear Chelsea,
My name is Catherine and I am a 28 year old woman from Pennsylvania which I know is far from Utah but I much like you have difficulties falling asleep at night so sometimes to try and "wear myself out" I will look at blogs and hit the "next blog" button. Several months ago I came across your blog in this way and was pulled into it quickly. I enjoy the way you write and your sense of humor, you seem like your a very fun girl with a great personality. I found myself late one night reading many posts in your blog way back even to 2009. You have a great life! The whole time I read your posts I kept thinking that you have this special light in your life and I couldn't put my finger on why I thought that. Several times I almost e-mailed you in hoping to ask you about your life and possibly discover why you seem so well rounded and bright. Then I came across a post you did where you talked in great detail about being a member of the Mormon church or as you taught me, it is called the LDS church. I felt very happy when I read about your religion so I clicked on your tag called "LDS" and then read all of your posts on your church. I was overwhelmed with this feeling that I wanted to have that cool religion in my life to. I read your posts on your general conference where the prophets of your church spoke and I visited the link you had to the church website and learned a little bit about your book of Mormon which seems to be a lot like the Holy Bible but with more to do with the LDS faith. I decided to order one and recieved it only a few days ago and finally started reading it. I am in the book called 1 Nephi only a couple chapters in but I am enjoying learning about Nephi and Lehi and his brothers. When I read about your blog I read about your ex boyfriend who was a missionary for your church and when I looked at your church website i learned more about missionaries so I decided to contact missionaries through the Mormon website. They are coming to my apartment later this week. I just wanted to show my appreciation to you for being so open and faithful about your church because I believe it is about to change my life and I doubt I would have been interested in it if it weren't for you blog and the passion you have about your faith. Thank you for being a example to me in a time when i needed one most. Please tell this story and I will hope that people will learn from it and see they can learn about your church to.
God be with you,
Catherine


How neat is that???? Who knew I could do Missionary work through my blog?! I am so glad that this sweet lady found my blog and is reading The Book of Mormon and meeting with the Missionaries! I know it will bless her life (:
This whole experience has just really reminded me to always be an example of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints because you never know who is watching (or reading) your actions and examples!

With this in mind, I looked up the General Conference talk about being an example, read it, and loved it even more than I did the first time. Feel free to read it, here.

4 comments:

  1. This just made my whole day Chelsea! You are so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ChelseaKate...that is so super cool!!!!!!! Is it okay with you if I print this and read it to my young women when I teach in a couple weeks? You truly exemplify what it means to be an example of the believers!!!! What a blessing for Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie & Breanna!! Julie, of course you can read it to your Young Women! It was pretty exciting (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chels, You are my hero sweetie! This is awesome. I have always wanted to experience something like this. God must be so proud :) I'm proud to know you!

    ReplyDelete