i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

another fear CONQUERED!!!! bamm.

Today my family and I babysat my cute cousins, Beatrice and Sam. It was so much fun, they were both happy-campers and just little cute, joys to be around. It was also nice to have a fun play-day with them, to get my mind off of Springville's recent tragedy that has been really weighing on my mind {read previous post.} You always know when you spend the day with Bea and Sam, you're in for a good time and an adventure.

Today we decided to take the chillens to McDonalds. Not just through the drive-threw, though.

Inside.

Yikes.

I am a very large germaphobe {..i have NO idea how to spell that word..} and I find it comforting to stay far, far away from places that are sticky, stinky, dirty, grimy, and all that. For those of you who have been inside any McDonald's play place, you know that the play area is the exact description of a germ.

A big, stinky, scary germ.

I was doing pretty good at just sitting at the table, keeping my mind off the nastiness surrounding me. Bea and Adi played darling-ly in the play area and they had a hoot.

I noticed something... Sam was watching Bea and Adi so closely. He had a longing in his eyes, almost as if he were saying, "I want to play in there!"

I, then, showed probably the greatest act of kindness and love I can show.

Thats right, I picked the little guy up and I took him up into the sticky play area and rode with him down the slide.

Thanks, Sam, for helping me conquer a fear. You rock.



Me saying, "YAY! I'm done with that!"

Get me out, please.
By the look on Sam's face, I think he was thinking the same thing.

I sent this picture to my friend... She told me it looks like I'm giving birth to a dressed, crawling baby, in a slide. Boy, that would be a weird birth, now, wouldn't it?!
Lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Well it has been a really long time since we sat down at a Mcds!!!! Good job, girlie!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete