i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

lets talk EXTREME heat

My family and I are lucky duckies. Because we got to go on a fun trip. A fun trip, I admit, I didn't think would be fun at first. Boy was I wrong. Basically, we went down south. We went to Arizona, Colorado, Southern Utah and we were in New Mexico for a whoppin' 10 minutes, maybe.


Of course, there were many long, looong rides..




There was plenty of goofing off in the hotel rooms, too. Thats a must.





DAY ONE

We went to Glen Canyon Dam
ps this was definitely NOT the reason I loved this trip so much.
We also went on a tour into Antelope Canyon. Want my opinion? GO THERE.



DAY TWO

Grand Canyon.
What did I learn?
You know my dad? BOY is he afraid of heights..

My personal favorite moment of the day:
My mother getting chased by a water-bottle-lovin' squirrel.



DAY THREE

Stopped by Meteor Crater
{could they have been less creative coming up with a name, btw? I think not.}

Me. Standing by it.

Me. Standing inside a model of the inside of it.
I rode a cat-lizard..type thing.
Soo typical. She never lets me smooch her face.
Here we are at the Painted Desert. Admiring.
Soakin' in the sun at the Petrified Forest.
Lots and LOTS of trees turned to rocks, here.



DAY FOUR

I found out my boyfriend is a sheriff.
Monument Valley!
Enjoying natures artwork.
Those 3 tall rocks are called the 3 sisters. Hey! We're 3 sisters. Adi figured out how the rocks were posing. We figured out which ones we looked most like, and posed like them.
You're cool, Miss Adi.
We pretended we were strong.
We were in awe at how teeny we really are.
I showed my daddy some love.
My sisters think its fun to pick me up?..



DAY FIVE


Made a stop at the Monticello Temple
Mesa Verde
{my FAVORITE day of the trip, ps}
We went up many ladders. Many.
We listened to our tour guide.
We sweat like crazy inside of a Kiva. {indian place of worship, basically.}
I watched my dad concur his fears. You GO daddy-o.
I watched my sisters become Junior Rangers {multiple times)



DAY SIX


We hiked to some arches.
Quite amazing, really, guys.
I'm not sure why this photo is here, its out of place..
Anywho.. This is us returning from the hike to Delicate Arch.
Another out of place...
Here we are with fake wildlife.
My favorite kind of wildlife.
Us under Delicate Arch.
SUPER experience.




So that was the trip in a lame-sauce nutshell... It was great. I especially loved Mesa Verde. THAT was wow-tastic, no doubt. I do have to say though... This vacation revolved around Indians and rocks.. I am especially "rocked" out. Big time.



Thats that...


No comments:

Post a Comment