i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Friday, August 12, 2011

the P word

Patience.


Ah, the very word makes me cringe. You know how everyone has that one trial they have to battle their whole lives, or for a large portion of it? Mine is patience. Stinkin', evil, stressful patience. (As you can see, I've still got a long way to go before I conquer this one.)


Well, last night while I was laying in bed and trying to fall asleep, I was reading General Conference talks and came across one entitled, "Continue in Patience" that was given by the amazing, Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I knew I had to read this one, and so I did. There was a section in his talk that particularly stuck out to me:



"Waiting can be hard. Children know it, and so do adults. We live in a world offering fast food, instant messaging, on-demand movies, and immediate answers to the most trivial or profound questions. We don’t like to wait. Some even feel their blood pressure rise when their line at the grocery store moves slower than those around them.
Patience—the ability to put our desires on hold for a time—is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter.
Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace.
As parents, we know how unwise it would be to indulge our children’s every desire. But children are not the only ones who spoil when showered with immediate gratification. Our Heavenly Father knows what good parents come to understand over time: if children are ever going to mature and reach their potential, they must learn to wait."
I'm so glad I came across this talk, more specifically, this section of this great talk.. President Uchtdorf says it perfectly, waiting is hard..but worth it! I hope one day (soon) I can finally grasp this concept or at least get better at enduring patience in a positive way! :)

Have a good day, my loves!

1 comment:

  1. I really need to work on patience too! Why is it that we are always in a rush to get to the next step in life? So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete