i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mean

So. 

Sometimes people are mean. Sometimes people you were once very close with turn on you. Sometimes those same people say rude things about you. Sometimes people tell your secrets. Sometimes people you don't really even know say mean things about you, or start telling lies about you, or try their best to bully you and make you feel like crap and give up on something you're working hard for. Sometimes people talk behind your back and stick a knife there, too. Sometimes people expose your weaknesses to others. Sometimes people are mean.

(but thankfully only sometimes, right?)

Not to sound pathetic or anything, but I have been a victim to all these crimes.

Obviously, going through these mean-people situations is far, far, far from fun. I lost friends due to them, I have a reputation to some people of being someone who I definitely am not, I probably looked like a loser many times and the list could go on and on and on and on.

Today as I was logged onto good ol' Facebook, I was informed some of these old rumors that have been spread about me were circulating around my peers, once again, this time with another new little twist. Grrrrreat. At first, I was going to go into my comfort zone of locking myself down in my room and throwing myself one heck of a pity-party. But then there was that voice in my head (and some people's voices via text message) that reminded me its so much better to be positive - and you can find positivity even in crappy boo-boo moments - even if its a little more work to be happy, its just...better, you know?

I've decided to look at it this way: With all of this drama, I'm gaining life experience and only getting stronger. Who knows, maybe one day my own children will be going through their fair share of drama trauma and I'll be able to go back to being 18 to 21 years old and take my experiences and be able to better help them through their issues. Or maybe my children will be free of that and these trials are purely for my benefit, for me to learn and grow from. You know?

Really, I've just come to the conclusion that life isn't a Disney movie. Unfortunately. The good guy doesn't always win and there isn't that iffy-sounding music that plays to warn you right when something bad is about to happen. BUT if you do your best to maintain a happy, optimistic attitude and rely on your family, real friends and the gospel, life can get pretty dang close to being a pretty little Disney fairy-tale.

Bullies are real, gosh dang it and they always will be. Haters gonna hate. People gonna try and bring you down...But there is power, lots of power, in positive thinking, surrounding yourself with the right people and NOT retaliating or stooping down to their level. Being the bigger person and not saying a foul word about these people to anyone and taking the high road will always be the best path. Take it from me. (plus, i've learned you get more sympathy-votes from people when you aren't being a mean one, too.) Its hard. Even though I try and have a good attitude and go about this without feeling a little down, I still do feel low. But hey - life would be pretty dang boring if there weren't trials to work through and overcome.

Okay.

There you have it. My i-hope-this-isn't-too-mean-rant-because-i-don't-want-more-drama-caused venting on bullies. You know me, I feel better when I write it all out. ;)

Finally, let me leave you with some lovely T-Swift lyrics:

You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded
You, pickin' on the weaker man
Well, you can take me down with just one single blow
But you don't know what you don't know
Someday I'll be living in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Why you gotta be so mean?
You, with your switching sides and your walk-by lies and your humiliation
You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them
I'll walk with my head down trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you
I just wanna feel okay again
I'll bet you got pushed around, somebody made you cold
But the cycle ends right now 'cause you can't lead me down that road
And you don't know what you don't know
Someday I'll be living in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment