i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

i wonder..

Today I was thinking: long, deep & hard.
It is insanely crazy how life plays out, you know?

For example.. I was thinking of Savannah. She is 11 and will be dating in 5 years. Now I know thats a ways away, thank goodness, but dating is amazing, so I think about it and how I imagine it will be for her.. I wonder who she'll date.. I remember when I was a little girl, I had a plan. I had a few boys in mind who I'd date (thank heavens I never did), I had my high school years planned out, I knew what I'd be when I grew up, I had my husband all planned in my head, I was set. Well.. NONE of my plans actually fell through. My first boyfriend was a kid I'd gone through elementary school with but had no idea about until I met him my sophomore year, my second boyfriend was the exact same way. Another one of my boyfriends was a very close friend to one of the boys I planned to date.. Never in a million years did I think I'd date him.. But look, I did.

I remember thinking my best friends I had then would always be my best friends.. That plan didn't fall through either. Unfortunately, I'm barely in contact with those boys and girls anymore. Somehow I lost touch with them and now find myself with new, amazing best friends.

It is just plain ol' CRAZY how things work out.

However, I'm grateful that they've played out how they have.. I have the best, best friends in the world. I have a boyfriend I never even knew about when I was younger, but he is perfect and I wouldn't trade him for anything. I don't go to BYU, but I'm fine with that.. Sometimes I don't even know if I consider myself a 'BYU fan'.. {Blame Toddy.} I don't have millions of dogs and cats (I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and thats 2 dogs and 1 cat too many, if you ask me), I'm not going to be an actress or a physical therapist.. I'm going to be a teacher, something I told myself I'd never do..

Know what? Its all good. I LOVE the way my life is going.

Back to the point now.. I am so overly excited to watch Savannah and Adi grow up and see where their lives take them. I can't wait to see what boys they date. I can't wait to see who they go to prom with, who they'll ask to preference. I can't wait to hear who their crushes are, I can't wait to see who in the ward they date, (I've steadily dated 3 wardies..) I can't wait to see who their friends are. I can't wait to see what they chose to do with their schooling, what they'll be when they grow up, etc.

Life is pretty exciting..

No comments:

Post a Comment