i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Monday, March 12, 2012

#blessed

I'm fairly certain I'm the poster-child for forgetting how blessed we are. Thankfully, Sunday comes around every week and I've made it a personal goal of mine to really ponder my life every Sunday night and think of ways I can improve my life, reminisce on the good things that happened in the past week, make a mental note of how to better things I may have messed up on and I always end these personal thought-sessions with myself by thinking of and writing down a bunch of my blessings. It. Is. So. Cool. And best of all? Its helped me focus throughout the week on my blessings rather than my "tragedies." 

I swear I've got to be the most blessed person on planet earth. I don't know how or why so many good things can happen to one person, especially me! But you won't find me complaining. Its an incredible life I live. Especially lately. Its amazing to me how much ones life can change from one year to the next. A year ago, I was in an icky place and I was NOT happy. My life was so crummy at that point, it felt nearly impossible to even try and focus on my blessings (i'm sure if i would have changed my woe-is-me attitude i could have found the light, but unfortunately, i didn't..but thats another story) it was just a bummy time of life. But this year, this year is so different and SO dang good! I finally have a few GREAT people in my life who I trust 100% completely and they're supportive, uplifting, happy, optimistic people who really help in making my life the best life ever, despite the trials I still face from time to time. Now if thats not a blessing, then I don't know what is! 

As I said, I like to reminisce on the past week... Tonight (blasted insomnia) I've decided to share my reminiscing/blessings with you. You lucky people ;) I find that my greatest blessings are usually people and experiences, not objects..

I couldn't talk about my blessings without mentioning my lovely little sisters. Savannah Klaire and Miss Adi are the most phenomenal little ladies the world will ever know. I love these girls so much and I'm so, so, soooo thankful for their examples in my life and for how happy they always make me. Seriously, though, these girls are as close as they come to perfect and if you've met my sisters, before, you know what I mean.
 Somehow my family (minus mom..and kind of me) have decided to become shooters. Gunmen? I don't even know what its called... We've decided to take up shooting guns. (does that one make sense?) Maybe I'd like it more if I could aim at all - but I can't. I don't think the fact that I can't wink helps much, either. However, its been a lot of fun to shoot cans in our backyard with BB guns with the girls and Craig. Bonding time is too good for words, you know?


we're setting up cans - not gardening
 Another blessing I'd be silly to ignore is my handsome boyfriend. Man, I love that Craig. There is something magical (don't make fun of my cheesiness, now) about having your boyfriend/best friend be a person you can be totally open with and know there will be no judgement and no ridicule, only care, support and a smile on his darling face. It is the best feeling in the world to be respected and treated how a girl (or anyone, for that matter) should be treated! Unfortunately that is a luxury I've not experienced fully before I knew Craig. I am so beyond happy with him and I get butterflies in my tummy just thinking of him and hearing his name. He's perfect, I tell you. I really am dating the most phenomenal, uplifting, supportive, funny, sweet, attractive, charismatic, caring, concerned, respectful, gentlemanly man. I'm so thankful for his kind words and the faith he has in me and the way he can make me feel like the prettiest girl!
Craig, you are one heck of a guy! :) :) :)


There is also my perfect parents (sadly, i didn't' photograph those cuties, this week) who are the best of the best. I'm in awe of the luck I have when it comes to a mommy and daddy who love each other and have built a happy, funny home and family. I'm so thankful for their support and motivation, daily. Like my sisters, if you know my parents, you know exactly what I'm talking about. They're uh-maze-ing! 

I hope this week you can all take a minute, a minute is all it takes, to ponder your blessings, I can promise you that if you do this you will feel your attitude change and you will have a much better, brighter week. And who doesn't want that??



Love you all!

1 comment: