i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Really Great Grandma


On Saturday, February 25th, 2012 my Great Grandma Ruth passed away.
It was surely her time to go, but of course, still sad
That woman lived one very, very good life and I'm thankful for her example I've always had in my life.
I'm thankful for her cute little smile, little high voice and for the fun times she gave me when we saw each other. She was a super great grandma :) 

I will always remember her as the lady who collected a little bit of everything, especially copper.
The grandma who would put my food and drink in bowls on the floor when I was little so I could pretend I was a kitty.
That sweet, funny laugh.
The sweet lady who spoke my fake Spanish with me.
The letters in the mail from her with her difficult-to-read handwriting.
The woman who always watched the news and read the newspaper.
All in all, she was one heck of a wonderful lady!


Last Saturday, on the 3rd, my family and I traveled up to windy Twin Falls, Idaho for her funeral.
It was a great little celebration of her life!
I enjoyed hearing stories about grandma Ruth and being able to really remember her.
I'm blessed to be her great granddaughter!
in front of grandma's house..very windy!

I love you and I'll miss you, Great Grandma Ruth! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Chelsea, for that wonderful tribute. We'll all miss G'ma Ruth. I love you.
    G'ma Marilyn

    ReplyDelete