i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

and so it continues...


I am one of those people who has never really had good luck in the health department. Its just my astounding "luck." 

On December 17th I got my wisdom teeth out {see one of my previous posts} and besides the week of throwing up, losing sixteen pounds and having huge chipmunk cheeks, incredible pain, etc. things went alright. 

Last week I went to the orthodontist and the dentist, both of whom told me that the areas where I had my surgery seemed to be healing really well.

All of this positive chit-chat left me feeling like I was recovered from that awful week in December and the wisdom teeth drama was a thing of the past.

Until I woke up this morning to this beautiful face...


Precious, huh?!

No.

Sadly, this photograph really doesn't even do my face justice. Its worse in real life. Fatter. Uglier. Scarier. Owie-er.

Last night when I was in bed my mouth was hurting just a little, but I didn't think it was anything too serious. Just pain.

After seeing the abnormality of my face shape and feeling the intense pain that went along with this new look, this morning, I decided it would be in my best interest to head back to the oral surgeon to have him take a look at it.

I should have known that I have an infection 5% of patients who get their wisdom teeth out get. How silly of me not to have previously guessed that! {I'm serious, thats just the kind of luck I have.} 

I tried remembering the name of the infection... but it was a big long name that has slipped my mind.

So the oral surgeon looks at me, feels the large mass on my cheek, looks inside my mouth, pokes around (apparently not worrying about he immense pain he was putting me through) then announced to me it was time to drain it and see if that could get rid of some of the infection.

Draining is a painful, awful process.

I have zero tolerance for pain. Really, zero. So this was kind of the worst thing on the planet. No numbing or anything, he made two incisions on my gums then basically squeezed my face for a good few minutes as infection-nastiness came out...blech. I'd go into more detail except I think I'll barf if I do.

Despite him draining my face, I still have a gigantic left cheek which he guessed will be completely gone in a few weeks. Great. He sent me home with an antibiotic and loratab (or one of those heavy duty pain killer pills--the same medication that caused me to throw up solidly for that week--so you can imagine my excitement) prescription and told me he hoped I'd get better soon, because if this keeps up, I'll be back in the operating room, put under again for a more intense surgery. 

I'm hoping this time I'll heal like a normal person and really be done with this wisdom teeth drama.

Here's to hoping.




No comments:

Post a Comment