i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Monday, January 17, 2011

So, what's good?!

This adorable little lady is Miss Adi Kayde
For Adi's ninth birthday (i'm still in denial that she's that old, btw) she got a cell phone. Yes, she's awfully young to have a phone of her own, but that seems to be something that happens in our home. You get 'em when you're young.

Cool beans.

Since Adi has received her cute little pink phone, she has become an avid texter. Especially at night when she's laying in bed "trying" to sleep.

Usually, our conversations consist of her telling me she loves me, then me telling her I love her....then she tells me I'm awesome, I tell her she's the sweetest, she tells me she loves me again...and so on and so forth...


The other day, we decided we needed to change our texting routine up a bit or else I was going to go insane {even thought I do love being told that I'm loved and I'm awesome..}


So we came up with this... Simply, one of us would start with the text:


"So, what's good?!"

After this line has been sent, the two of us name the top 10 good things of our day.

This has taken our texting to a whole new level, folks.

Its beautiful. I love it.

It has also helped me out a lot in focussing on the good things in the day rather than the bad, and come on, we all need to do that more, am I right, or am I right?

These good things can be the simplest of things, too. For example, one of Adi's texts last night was:

"8: i stayed in comfy clothes all day"

One of mine was:

"2: i took a long, happy-nappy"

Here's a thought! You guys should play "So, what's good?!," too. 

If you have no one to play with..I'll gladly play with you.

I'm a fan of the game.

Anyway, last night, Savannah-bug, Adi and I had a sleepover on the living room floor (& we watched Despicable Me...anyone want to buy me a minion?!) and Adi and I were talking about our texting game...

She then asked me if I thought everyone had at least one good thing that happened in their day. Even poor people, sad people, etc.

We decided they probably did. Even if it was something as simple as someone smiling at them, you know?

That led us to thinking that we could easily be that person to help someone's day be good. Adi and I decided we're going to be extra friendly, smile at people who look like they could use a smile, and even those who don't...because, they might really need it. 

Adi and I challenged ourselves to be better people. Happier, friendlier (no idea if thats a word) people.

And it all started with

"So, what's good?!"

Yeah, you guys should play it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment