i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gratitude

{a school assignment...my teacher is all about getting her students outside of their comfort zone. this is usually a challenge i don't participate in, but i was feeling gutsy today. so, here it is. if you care to read, enjoy.}

I, Chelsea Kate Walker, am so, so very fortunate. Today, as I sat in my car in the school parking lot, a man, probably a few years older than me walked by. I quickly noticed he was well dressed, then I noticed he had an awful limp. Upon closer examination, I saw this man had a lot of physical damage done to all parts of his body I could see. It looked to me as if he'd been a burn-victim. As soon as I saw this, my thoughts immediately turned to gratitude for how fortunate I am. I admire than man. I can't imagine what he's been through and I can't imagine how fortunate he must feel, he survived a tragedy, can walk, go to school, support himself, etc. We are blessed people.
Usually, actually, always, when I think of, or feel gratitude, I think of my kind and gracious, Heavenly Father. Yes, the Lord gives us trials, disabilities and insecurities, but time has taught me He does this not out of anger or cruelty, but out of indescribable, undying LOVE. Whenever I'm faced with a new trial, or I see someone else go through a trial, I like to think of it as a compliment from God. He doesn't give us, His children, trials we can't handle or overcome. That, to me, means Heavenly Father knows how strong we truly are and when He gives us these trials, He is giving us, too, the opportunity to get a glimpse of our strength.
Perhaps the best part of these hardships is that we never ever have to face them, alone. NO matter what the issue is, we can get on our knees and seek help from the Lord. He will never forsake us. He hears prayers. He is the Almighty and will never leave us feeling comfortless or alone.
I'm so grateful I was able to see that man who inspired me to dig deeper into my gratitude and further recognize God's love for His children. I am thankful that his presence reminded me that, yes, hard times are inevitable, but there is always a way to make the best of a bad situation and grow and learn from it, and become a stronger person by doing so.
Life is a gift and a test and I'm grateful, from the bottom of my heart, that I've been given the opportunity to live on earth and learn and grow stronger from the experiences my Heavenly Father has given me, graciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment