i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daddy Day


Today is Fathers Day, have you heard??
I love this day because I think, unfortunately, daddies get overlooked WAY too often. In my opinion, there should be several Fathers Days throughout the year. Thats how great dads are, you know?
Especially my daddy-o.
If you know my dad, then you know just how lucky Savannah, Adeline and I are to have him as our very own dad. My dad blows my mind on a daily basis. He is the happiest, most spiritual, optimistic, hard-working, goal oriented, righteous man I think I will ever, ever know. He is the very definition of the worlds best example. I don't know what I ever did to get him as mine, but I'm super-dee-duper thankful that he is!
My dad is also about as selfless as they come. He always puts my momma and her happiness and wants first, and also would drop everything to be there for my sisters and I. It has been a wonderful experience to see just how kind and genuine he is to his family and all those he comes in contact with - he is one friendly, happy guy.
Perhaps my favorite thing about my dad is how spiritual he is. Since I was tiny, I can remember seeing my dad, probably daily, sitting on the couch with his scriptures, marking pens/pencils and a notebook out, obviously studying hard. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I've always been pretty good about reading my scriptures, every day, and I will always give the credit to my dad as to why I do that. He leads by example, especially when it comes to the gospel and I'm overwhelmed at how lucky I am to have that spiritual giant to look up to.
I'm thankful for my dad because he isn't just my dad, he is my friend! I know that I can talk to my dad about whatever and he is always up for an adventure and a good laugh. It has got to be the best thing ever:)
Daddy, I love you and I am so, so grateful for your example, friendship and role in my life! You're one heck of a guy!! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment