i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Magic: Day Two - Riding and Riding and Riding Some More

Alright. Day two, you ready?

This morning, we didn't have any character breakfast planned, we ate at our hotel and once we arrived in the actual park, we made quick work of getting to all the "big rides," quickly as we could in hopes to beat too long of lines. And we did good. Really, this whole trip, we never waited in unbearably long lines - we certainly lucked out.


As we were promised by my moms awesome high school friend, we got four more Fast Pass type tickets, what we called, Magic Tickets, and this time we used three out of the four on Toy Story (the other was used on Space Mountain). We knew this would be our last time getting really lucky, and not having to wait in this attractions agonizingly long line, so, of course, we had to really work on getting our highest scores, possible and strategize (pictured below with craig and i)!!

not a flattering picture of me, so don't look too closely


Adi and I waiting in another line :) The life of a Disney fanatic.

On this vacation, I learned that Craig knows where all the cameras are on attractions that take pictures (good boy) and naturally, had a pose for nearly every picture. Yes, below, my boyfriend is picking my nose on California Screamin'. I tried but failed, as you can plainly see. And how cute is my daddy in the back seat? :)


my lovely mommy waiting for Buzz


Have I already mentioned how great pictures are that are taken at Disneyland? I so love them.


hand holding partners - you can only assume my dad and savannah are holding hands while taking this picture

I have a pretty family, don't I? 

We have a bit of a funny story, here.
Disney has photographers that will stand in "kodak moment" spots around the park and take your pictures both with their camera (so you can later order pics) and with your own camera. The picture below is one a very, VERY friendly photographer took of us in front of Screamin' and the Ferris Wheel. This particular woman taking our pictures had a lot of fun with her job. She was all about the cheesy poses, dorky hand gestures, etc. Well, she was all about doing that with the other people in her line.. Maybe we were mean in doing this, but when it finally came time for our turn to be photographed, we asked if we could just take a couple traditional, stand-and-look-normal pictures. It was a success


There is a delicious restaurant (that you actually sail by when riding Pirates of the Caribbean) called, Blue Bayou. This place is all sorts of yum. It has this sandwich called the Monte Cristo that is to die for! Again, this was Craig's first time trying that dish and he loved it! We all did. Its high in calories but even higher in yumminess!! (haha that was so corny)

dad being a pirate at blue bayou
**hat made out of the kids menu
After lunch, we, of course, got back to riding rides and enjoying the fact that the lines weren't as long as we'd expected they'd be at this time of year. 

How about before you enjoy the next few pictures we briefly talk about Disneyland's weather
The mornings were chilly - the afternoons were blazing hot - the nights (minus one) were freezing!! On the first night, it was quite cold and we hadn't brought our jackets and we froze, lucky for me, my boyfriend went out of his way to keep me warm :) For the other freezing nights, we were all grateful we'd brought jackets to the park the rest of those days.
There. We talked about the weather..

Now heres some more pictures for your enjoyment!

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

The Autopia line

My dad in his awesome Toy Story shirt

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

King Triton's Carousel

My cute family walking in Adventureland 

Splash Mountain :)

This post is a lot of pictures and not a lot of words. If you hoped there were more words, I'm sorry. But there you have it! Day Two in a post! 

And remember..
"MAY THE MAGIC BE WITH YOU!"
-Craig Lifferth-

No comments:

Post a Comment