i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

i like to MUITO, MUITO...?

By now, I'm sure you're sick and tired of my Portuguese stories, so I promise this one will be short, but I just had to tell you what I did, today.

In class, we split into groups of three. Of course, I was with Mr. Annoying, and another boy. A very, very sweet, kind RM. We'll call him RM. Our professor listed a bunch of activities on the board we, as a group, could chose to do to help us use Portuguese words...or something along those lines.

The list was something like
  • recite a poem together
  • count to 50
  • sing happy birthday
  • sing "i like to move it" from madagascar
Yeah, guess which my group chose? Yup. To sing that stupid "I like to move it, move it" song. In Portuguese.

So the three of us graced our class with, what I'm sure was a beautiful version of King Julian's obnoxious, yet catchy song.

RM and Mr. Annoying had this baby down. RM even drummed the rhythm with his pencil and my pen very seriously.

My version went something like this, ::mumble:: ::mumble:: ::mumble:: muito, muito ::mumble:: ::mumble::

Apparently 'muito' means something along the lines of "move it." Even though I swear it doesn't. I thought that word meant 'very' or 'many.' I guess I don't know as much as I thought I did.

1 comment:

  1. sigh..

    whenever I see this dang post, I start singing it too!!

    {I like to muito-muito}

    ReplyDelete