i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Part 2

It just didn't feel right...
Posting about Saturday's General Conference and not Sundays. 
Didya watch it? Did you love it? 
I did. I did.

Favorite talks, ready go!

[morning session]
Robert D. Hales: He spoke about patience and submitting ourselves to the Lords will. He spoke a lot about having faith and trusting in the Lord's timing and His plan, too. I was able to really apply this one to my life because I swear I'm just about the most impatient person on earth and so frequently I get caught up in wanting what I want, when I want it. It was great to be reminded that its all going to happen in God's time and its going to work better that way and make me happier, as well! 

Elaine S. Dalton: She spoke a lot about dads and their examples and important role in their daughters lives. Mostly, I just loved this one because I've got my wonderful daddy who is the father to three girls and I think he does his daddy-jobs, perfectly. It made me smile. She explained what a good dad should be, traits he should have, things he should do, etc. and my daddy was everything she described. This talk made me even more thankful for the fabulous daddy Savannah, Adi and I have been blessed with.

M. Russell Ballard: His talk was about taking the name of Christ upon us and taking that seriously. The most important thing in this talk, to me was when he stressed the name of our church. It is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and should be referred to that more often that being referred to as LDS, Mormon, Christian, and the other nicknames our church has.

President Thomas S. Monson: To me, it seemed our Prophet stressed the importance of prayer. I was so happy to hear him speak so sincerely and passionately about how important it is to talk to our Father in Heaven, daily, and to keep a strong, unbreakable relationship with Him.

[afternoon session]
J. Devn Cornish: This talk, too, was about praying and having faith in our own prayers. What specifically stuck out to me is when he said when we ask for something, we need to have faith we will receive it. Also, we need to pray sincerely and realize how special it is to pray.

..I am so thankful for General Conference. I learned so much and heard so many great things and have set several new goals for myself to work towards (: The gospel is amazing and I'm SO happy that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! 

**************

On a side note, the day before General Conference, I finished the Book of Mormon! I think this was my fourth time finishing! I love reading the Book of Mormon because each time you read it, you learn something new, get new feelings and the spirit is never dull just because you've already read it.

I love the scriptures!
I've got a question, now... I'm still deciding if I'm going to read the Book of Mormon, again, or shift my focus to Doctrine and Covenants or the New Testament, but either way, do any of you have any study habits that have worked very well for you? This time around I'm interested in changing my study habits to see if I can learn more new things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment