i'm chelseakate. my daddy calls me boj. thanks for visiting. enjoy. xoxo.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Your Happily Ever After

Once Upon A Time...

I just finished reading the BEST book! 

While watching General Conference last week, I chose to watch the shows in between the sessions. That meant that I also watched the commercials. I am convinced there were only six commercials, total, but there was one that stuck out to me each time it aired. It was the commercial about Dieter F. Uchtdorf's book, "Your Happily Ever After." 



Maybe I was drawn to this book because I've always been a sucker for fairy-tales or maybe it was because President Uchtdorf has always been my favorite since he was made a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. I don't know what it was but I'm so grateful that I got that continual urge to get my hands on that book.



My cute mommy (i wuv yoo) bought it for me this afternoon and I sat down with it a few minutes, ago...and its already completed. It isn't a long book or a difficult read, at all and obviously it doesn't take much of your time so guess what I'm going to do? I am going to recommend that YOU READ IT! Really, do. Go take a visit to lovely Deseret Book and purchase this lovely thing. I think it was only $15? Not positive, but I can tell you that its so good and worth that money. It should be $100! (haha okay that was cheesey) Mm, so good.

It is a book directed towards young girls, single girls, girls experiencing difficult times or in the process of overcoming trials. President Uchtdorf compares us princesses to Cinderella, Belle and the millers daughter, in that we, much like those princesses, have to endure trials and overcome hardships before we can reach our own happily ever after. He also says that our Once Upon A Time is now and one day we will look back at our journey and be able to see that we are living happily ever after. 

I want to go on, but its a short book and I don't want to tell you everything so you'll find an excuse not to read it. So, as I said before, GO BUY IT and read it and love it. 

This book filled my heart full of hope and reinforced my faith and trust in Heavenly Father's plan for me and especially in His timing! 

Okay, I'm done...Happy reading!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment